With the steep rise in cost of living many people are worried about money at the moment. If you’re struggling to pay your bills or rent, or you’re in debt, you are not alone and there is support available.
Sheffield City Council runs a dedicated page for support Cost-Living Support, which you can access here: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/cost-of-living
The below sites are also very helpful.
- Citizens Advice
- Benefits Calculator – entitled to – independent/accurate/reliable
- Gas, Electric & Water Guides – MoneySavingExpert
- Help with fuel costs – Carers UK
- Using a food bank – Citizens Advice
We have worked with the voluntary sector to create a network of 171 community hubs and welcoming places where people can get advice and support, come together to chat, and stay warm.
Sheffield Living Crisis Map of Support.https://www.vas.org.uk/sheffield-living-crisis-map-of-support/
This details support offered by street level groups such as community hubs and welcoming places.
- You can get help with food from Foodworks, a local social enterprise
- Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS) have a helpful map available on various community support in the city: local community hubs
- To find where food banks are in Sheffield, and to check they are open before visiting: https://www.sheffieldfoodbank.org.uk/food-bank-list/
Want to speak to your local Labour councillor?
We will always do everything we can to support residents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure your message is passed on to the relevant councillor or candidate to speak with.
The cost-of-living crisis has been made in Westminster
We believe no-one should be left cold or hungry and call on the government to do far more to relieve the cost-of-living crisis.
Labour has a national plan to take real action on the cost-of-living crisis:
- Freeze energy bills, funded by a windfall tax
on the huge profits of oil and gas companies.
- Establish GB Energy, a new publicly owned
company, and make Britain a clean power by
2030 by harnessing the power of renewable
energy that will provide energy security for all.
- Create thousands of good, well-paid jobs
across the country, including modern skills
programmes for plumbers, electricians,
engineers and technicians.
- Save on energy bills now and in the longer
term by insulating millions of homes.
- Cut small business rates and support
businesses through the cost of living storm.
- Buy, make and sell more in Britain to create
well-paid, secure jobs in every community.